DrugBank is a pharmaceutical knowledge base that is enabling major advances across the data-driven medicine industry.
The knowledge base consists of proprietary authored content describing clinical level information about drugs such as side effects and drug interactions, as well as molecular level data such as chemical structures and what proteins a drug interacts with. DrugBank offers a suite of products powered by the DrugBank Platform and has customers located around the world crossing multiple industries including precision medicine, electronic health records, drug development and regulatory agencies. DrugBank also provides DrugBank Online as a free-to-access resource for academic research and is used by millions of pharmacists, pharmacologists, health professionals and pharmaceutical researchers every year.
- MorphineAn opioid agonist used for the relief of moderate to severe acute and chronic pain.
- AcetaminophenAn analgesic drug used alone or in combination with opioids for pain management, and as an antipyretic agent.
- Acetylsalicylic acidA salicylate used to treat pain, fever, inflammation, migraines, and reducing the risk of major adverse cardiovascular events.
- SalbutamolA beta-2 adrenergic receptor agonist used to treat asthma, bronchitis, COPD, as well as prevent exercise induced bronchospasms.
- CodeineAn opioid analgesic used to treat moderate to severe pain when the use of an opioid is indicated.
- OxycodoneAn opioid used in the management of moderate to severe pain.
COVID-19 Information Dashboard
We've put together a COVID-19 Information Dashboard, to provide a comprehensive summary of relevant COVID-19 research, in an effort to help researchers find the information they need quickly and effectively.View the Dashboard
Remdesivir, or GS-5734, is an adenosine triphosphate analog first described in the literature in 2016 as a potential treatment for Ebola. In 2017, its activity against the coronavirus family of viruses was also demonstrated. Remdesivir is also being researched as a potential treatment to SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus responsible for COVID-19.[A191427,A198810] Remdesivir was granted an FDA Emergency Use Authorization on 1 May 2020. This is not the same as an FDA approval.
DrugBank joins as a supporter of Global Virtual Partnering Event to accelerate partnerships in the life sciences industry to fight COVID-19
A Year in Review: DrugBank's 2019 Highlights
DrugBank is Crossing the Pond!
Using DrugBank Data in AI Drug Discovery: A Case Study
DrugBank wins Prairie High-Growth Startup of the Year Award by Startup Canada
Cannabinoids in Epilepsy: A New Era of Treatments
DrugBank partners with Ontotext to accelerate Pharma Research
Ketamine: the key to treatment resistant depression?
New Feature: Biopharmaceutical Classification
CFTR Modulators Helping CF Patients Catch Their Breath
New Antivirals Provide Hope for Eradication of Hepatitis C – If You Can Afford It
DrugBank Online is offered to the public as a free to access resource.
DrugBank Online is offered to the public as a free-to-access resource. Use and re-distribution of the content of DrugBank Online or the DrugBank Data, in whole or in part, for any purpose requires a license. Academic users may apply for a free license for certain use cases and all other users require a paid license.