AHFS Therapeutic Classification
- Group drugs with similar pharmacologic, therapeutic, and/or chemical characteristics
- Map to US National Drug Code (NDC) and RxNorm identifiers (optional)
- Facilitate decision-making for research, billing, and claim adjudication
- Trusted for 60+ years in hospitals and health systems
- A key reference and starting point for formulary development
- 4-tier hierarchy centered on the clinical intent of the drug
Best In Class
Developed by a professional editorial and analytical staff of pharmacists.
Made for clinicians
Widely used & trusted in Pharmacy and Therapeutics (P&T) committees.
Easy to Integrate
Delimited data can be easily imported into a relational database.